The NavCoin Collab Forum is a new addition to the NavCoin ecosystem.
While Discord & Telegram are great for communication - ideas can get lost amongst all the other chat that is happening. Especially since the NavCoin community lives all around the world and are logging in at different times.
So while communication is easy - what’s hard is collaboration. And collaboration is what’s required for communities to reach their full potential.
To keep it very simple, the NavCollab website can be seen as a forum but with a lot more features. The aim is to make it easy for community members to start projects, and get others to help you.
NavCollab has 3 main uses:
- You have a rough idea, and want feedback from others to refine it.
- You have a project, and need to find others to help you.
- You’re looking to find a project to help with.
It can be seen as a town square for NavCoin - a hub where people come to see what’s going on, and have the ability to easily jump into projects and help out.
It’s built so that everyone can see everything that is being worked on by the community, and can easily join in.
How it works:
Spaces - When you create a new project, you are creating your own section of the site to dedicate to your project. These are called ‘Spaces’. It’s super easy to do, so don’t be shy about creating a Space. Other users have to follow your Space before they start seeing notifications from it.
Your Profile - You have your own profile where you can showcase your skills & interests. Once this is set up, then visit our ‘Teams’ Space to see the projects that are looking for help.
What makes this site great is that it’s built for all skillsets - you don’t just need to be a developer to help out. In fact, there is a post that includes a huge list of ways to help out, and this is the perfect tool for non-developers to find each other and work together.
How to get started?
- Sign up at https://collab.navcoin.org/
- Take a look around, and join in a few different Spaces
- Create a Space if you have an idea for a project, and let other people know about it!
At this stage, it’s very early days for the NavCollab website, and there are a lot of improvements to be made. We’d love to hear your feedback as to how we can improve it.
Finding a great way to collaborate is an important step in the continual decentralization of NavCoin, and will help make the community fund more successful.
So jump in, check it out & get involved!
- ZeroCT White Paper Published
- Guide to Staking NavCoin
- NavCoin Core 4.5.1 Hard Fork
- NavCoin 4.5.0 Is Now Available!
- NavCoin 4.5.0 Coming Soon
- Testing NavCoin Core 4.5.0
- NavPay 4.4.0 released, and proposal voting
- NavPay 4.4.0 Released
- Community Fund Activated
- The NavCoin Community Fund is live
- Community Fund Locks-in
- Community Fund Locked In
- Soft Fork Voting Update
- #HumansOfNavCoin Activation Competition
- NavCoin Core 4.4.0 Voting Underway
- NavCoin Core 4.4.0 release and Community Fund
- Community Fund Release
- NavCoin Project Summary & Roadmap
- Community Fund Youtube Livestream
- New Navcoin.org website now live
- The NavCoin.org refresh process
- NavCollab Hackathon & ATM Design Vote
- What is the NavCoin Collab Forum?
- Community Fund Countdown Begins
- NavCoin Core Next Steps
- A Guide To The NavCoin Community Fund
- OpenAlias Competition Winners
- Privacy Announcement and Education Livestream
- NavCoin Launches OpenAlias Integration
- OpenAlias Is Live
- Open Alias Developer Notes
- Project Updates + Video Content
- Community Heroes
- NavCoin m8 Launch And Website Redevelopment
- NEXT Wallet Beta 1.0.4 Released
- NavCoin OpenAlias & Community Fund Testing
- 20K NAV bug bounty and roadmap update
- NavPi memory issues resolved
- New Knowledge Base Article & Testing NavCoin Core
- NavCoin Core Feature Testing
- NavCoin Core 4.3.0 Release Candidate
- Community Fund Accumulation Begins
- Community Fund Vote Progress
- Updated Roadmap and Kauri Wallet
- NavCoin Core 4.2.1 Hotfix & NavCoin Community Twitter
- NavCoin Core 4.2.0 released, NavCoin around the world.
- Developer & Content Manifestos, Retesting NavCoin 4.2.0
- Community Fund Phase One Preview and NavCoin.org Refresh
- Navcoin Core 4.2.0 Release Candidate
- NavPay 4.1 released. NavCore is now NavHub.
- New NavPay 4.1 Gives You Added Security, Privacy And More
- Community promos. Netherlands Meetup This Saturday.
- Brand Bible and New Merchants
- 2 million Block Milestone, New Devnet
- Navpay Update, Community Initiatives.
- NavCoin Core Manifestos, Cold Staking Testing.
- NavCoin Community Hub Launched, Alex visits Auckland.
- Community Website, And Developer Upskilling
- NavPi Kowhai UX Flow And New NavCoin Core Page
- Development Update, New NavCoin Contributors and Community Meetups
- Development Update, Website Restructure Underway & Community News
- NavTech page, NavPi update, and London Meetup
- NavCore Project Progress, Nav Community & Marketing Update
- Knowledge Base Launched, NavPi Ready, Encrypt S Expansion
- NavTech Subchain Upgrade Success
- 2018 Roadmap is Live
- Kickstart 2018 Navpi Back in Stock and Electrum Export to Navpay
- A Guide To NavTech 1.2 - In Easy To Understand Language